Collateral Issues Attorneys in Mckinney, Texas

There are many collateral issues to criminal charges in Collin County

At Andor, Goheen, O'Toole, Wadas & Gonzalez, P.L.L.C., we understand that there is more to a criminal charge than the charge itself. This knowledge is why we work with our clients to understand all of their needs. From understanding the Collin County writ bond procedures to petitioning courts for an expunction, there are many collateral issues related to a loved one's criminal charges.

When a family member is arrested, they are generally arraigned and a bond is set by a magistrate. This bond can usually be posted as a cash bond or a surety bond through a bondsman. Sometimes a family member needs to get out of jail quickly, in which case our attorneys work to obtain a writ bond for them. However, it is not uncommon for a magistrate to set a bond that you or your loved ones are unable to afford. In that case, Andor, Goheen, O'Toole, Wadas & Gonzalez, P.L.L.C. can assist in filing the proper motions and seeking a bond reduction.

Other collateral issues can be found after the charges are filed with the district attorney's office but pre-indictment. These issues can be anything from recommendations to appropriate counselors or treatment facilities to planning for a grand jury presentation or a pre-indictment plea.

Collateral issues we handle

  • Pre-Indictment
  • Probation Violation
  • Bond Reduction
  • Expunction
  • Non-Disclosure
  • Writ Bonds

At Andor, Goheen, O'Toole, Wadas & Gonzalez, P.L.L.C., we are aware that life does not go exactly according to plan. When you or your loved one is facing a probation violation and a motion to revoke or adjudicate your probation, we can help you with this collateral issue in your criminal case. Whether it is asking a judge to set a bond in your probation violation case or negotiating with the prosecutor in your loved one's motion to revoke, we will be there for you.

There are sometimes positive collateral issues in criminal law. Our attorneys can help you through the expunction procedure or petition a court to non-disclose a completed probation in appropriate cases.20130823_132311000_iOS.jpg